Friday, August 9, 2013

The First Inky Paws Challenge

Hello again friends & followers!  I had a lot of fun today participating in the first challenge presented by a new company: Newton's Nook Designs ~ I really like their cute images (and yes, I have already been hinting on their FB page how little Newton kitty needs an image of a puppy friend to keep him company, heh heh heh).  I like my new stamps so much that I created two cards with their sketch for their first Inky Paws Challenge:
My first card uses some cute kitties in their 'Newton's Antics' set and some papers that I LOVE from 3 Bugs in a Rug (I LOVE the papers from this company!):
(Please click on the photo for clearer resolution).  See?  Told you they were cute!I paper pieced the kitties with papers that had more subtle designs so their features would not get lost and left the cute kitty patterned paper for the background.  
     I am also entering this card in the following additional challenges:


     For my second card I used their 'Just Say Cheese' set.  I opted for coloring with my Copic markers and using dry embossing instead of paper piecing and patterned papers for this card:
The background Spots & Dots embossing reminded me of the holes in the swiss cheese image, and then I embossed some silver cardstock with my Swiss Dots EF and cut it at an angle and added a little 'handle' from scraps at the top to make the shape resemble a grater rather than just a plain rectangle.  Unfortunately, it was too difficult to save the cute little mouse's tail in the process of cutting him out, so I gave him a tail made of a short piece of grey embroidery floss tied at one end so it wouldn't fray.  
     I am also entering this card in the following additional challenges:


  So, what do you think?  Do you love Newton's Nook Designs as much as I do?  You can play along with their challenge too!  There is a freebie digi image on their site you can use, so why don't you join us, you still have the rest of the day and most of the evening to play along...  hope you will!
~ Crafty Math Chick

8 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

Oooooh! I LOVE the Cheese grater! That is so cool! And the little embroidery floss tail and the mouse is so cute!

Thanks so much for playing along with our first Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, love those cards you did with the Newton's Nook Designs sets. Wish you good luck too.

Penny said...

Yes, your card definitely qualifies for cuddly wuddly! :^) Love the cute kittens, the paper-piecing, your darling DP, and fab design! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Jellypark Friends. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
Hugs, Pennyh

Renee Matarese said...

Both your cards are adorable!! I know your cat card fits our challenge and it's absolutely wonderful...love that paper!...but I'm partial to your mouse card. I have a thing for mice and bees! They're both super. Renee Ai DT

Jennifer said...

Very clever how you have created the grater...and I love the little meece's tail too.

Thanks for joining in the fun at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge,and good luck in the draw.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Tessa Wise said...

Adorable designs! I love them both :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Congrats on your win, Meredith! I LOVE how you created a cheese grater with the dotted embossing folder. So clever. Great card!!

Chris said...

love both your cards. the embossed layers on the second one look great and those kitties really are very cuddly wuddly.
thanks for playing with us at Jellypark Friends.