Monday, July 15, 2013

(I KNOW!) I FINALLY stamped!

Hello friends & followers!  I am sorry for my long hiatus, had some health issues I have been dealing with.  They aren't completely worked out (won't burden you with the specifics) but I was missing making cards SO much, I couldn't stay away any longer.
     Here is a baby card I made to welcome my newest little nephew who graced us with his presence about a month ahead of schedule:
(Please click on the photo for clearer resolution).  I used Lawn Fawn's 'Plus One' set and ended up stamping the cute little stork twice, once to create the feet, and once on white cardstock to shade with Copics, then stamped the little bundle again on some bashful blue cardstock with white dots on it.  I selected some contrasting white cardstock with light blue dots on it and cut out some clouds freehand (I really need a cloud punch or some cloud dies!) and sponged some bashful blue ink on the ends to make them stand out against the white background.  The sun is an embossed Spellbinders Nestabilities die.   Played around with the arrangement a bit and - VOILA!  Card complete.  
     This card was inspired by the following challenges:






Thanks so much for stopping by and for not giving up on me during my little break from stamping as I tried to heal and get well.  Cheers!
~ Crafty Math Chick

12 comments:

Laurel Beard said...

Welcome back and I hope you start to getting better soon! This is an adorable baby card! Love the layout and the cute little bag!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Lawnscaping challenge! :)

~amy~ said...

Hope you're feeling better and what an a-dorable baby card! Love the sweet polka clouds.

Samantha Casey said...

Super cute card! I love the polka dot clouds! Amazing job!

-Samantha

Pia S said...

This is such a lovely baby card. I love how you used these stamps to make a beautiful, clean design!

Pamela said...

Beautiful baby card... the polka dot clouds are just so adorable! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Laura Williams said...

ahhh, this is darling! I hope you are feeling MUCH better soon!!!!! maybe cardmaking will help!! :)

Audrey said...

So sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well, but I am glad to hear that you are back to card making, and even better, joining us for a Lawnscaping Challenge! I love your polkadot clouds with the polkadot bundle. They look great together!! :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

I hope you are okay and feel better soon. I'm glad you got to do some crafting, because this card is super-duper cute! The polka dot clouds are awesome! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays! *hugs*

Grá O'Neill said...

Love this card, beautiful and CAS :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Wonderful card and great paperpiecing! Hope you are feeling better soon + Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping, hugs, Karin

Elise C. said...

That is such a cute baby card! I hope that you start feeling better soon! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

Christiana said...

Absolutely love this darling card! You did the challenge justice for sure. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!