Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Lawnscaping Challenge 87


Hello everyone!  I am so excited to show you the card I made today for the Lawnscaping Challenge 87: Back to School (get it?  'School'?  As in 'of fish'?  BWHAHAHA... I crack myself up!), I feel like I should have 'Beyond the Sea' by Bobby Darin playing in the background...  I must say, I am not always thrilled with every single card I make, but I am very proud of this one.


Do you like it as much as I do?  Not only did I use SIX (YES!  SIX!!) Lawn Fawn sets to create this Underwater 'Back to School' scene but I used purple - this is HUGE for me!  I hardly EVER use purple!  LOL!  I figured it was a nice way to make the octopus 'teacher' stand out.  One of the little fishies is popped up with dimensionals and is dragging a calculator (which was really difficult for me as a math teacher to add) which is also popped up with a teenie piece of twine, can you see it?  Maybe I will post a close up of that later.  The fishies are not only colored with Copic markers but have Shimmerz Marigold paint on them and the book has some gold Stickles on the bottom edge (you know how some books have gold leaf on the edges of their pages?).  Since I didn't have one of Lawn Fawn alphabets with a smaller font (adding that to my looooong Lawn Fawn wishlist now, LOL!) the 'Back To' blocks at the top are actually from one of those $1 wooden Studio G alphabet sets from Walmart, they fit perfectly inside a 1/4" square punch and I love the varsity look that font has, very collegiate.  I tried to pick primary colors ('school' as a theme always makes me think 'primary colors') that matched the ones used elsewhere in the card.

I am also entering this card in Whimsy Stamps' Inspirations Challenge #74: Back to School.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to look at my card.  I hope you have a terrific day!

~ Crafty Math Chick

9 comments:

Tamara said...

Super cute & fun card!
Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
xx Tamara

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is adorable! Love the purple octopus - so fun!

Audrey said...

So cute! I love all of the bright colors and the little scene you have created! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

Christiana said...

This is so dang cute, Meredith! I totally love it! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Tanja said...

this is super cute - such a great scene - very creative

Elise C. said...

Haha!! This is an awesome back to school card! Great pun, too!! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

Samantha Mann said...

bwa ha ha ha!!! this is hilarious!! LOVE it!!!! the coloring, the puns, the graduating octopus - ADORABLE!!! thanks so much for joining us at the lawnscaping back to school challenge! :D

Samantha Mann said...

ps - i also NEVER use purple...it's my crafty kryptonite! i hate it! but i actually used it on NND card for tuesday! and i NEVER use purple! your use of purple is perfect on the octopus! way to go! :)

Yainea said...

Hehe I love your card so much!! Funny and cute and then those little ones carrying the school stuff, too adorable!! Great card! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)