(Please click on the photo for clearer resolution if necessary). The background was created using the polished stone technique for Stamp TV's Chat & Challenge to use the polished stone technique - never done it before, it calls for metallic reinkers, which I do not own, so I used Yoyo Yellow, Summer Sun and Pumpkin Pie instead. Since they had a fall feel to them I combined them with some sunflowers stamped on summer sun cardstock and cut out by hand (ouch) and popped up above the basket which is embossed with Brownie EP by Zing! directly onto the glossy cardstock base. I added some Cinnamon Stickles to the centers of the sunflowers for some extra sparkle and pizzazz. In addition, I have entered this card in the following additional challenges:
- All That Stickles Challenge - Anything Goes with Stickles (I used cinnamon stickles in the sunflower centers - doesn't it look pretty? I love this color!),
- Paper Playtime Challenge - use lots of yellow,
- Stamp and Create's August Challenge - glitter (Stickles glitter glue counts, right?), and
- Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge - embossing (the basket is heat embossed).
My second, and final DTGD creation, doesn't have any stamping or embossing at all - just adhesive - check it out:
The 'joy' is die cut from WPlus9 Designs' 'Season Sentiments' die set which was run through my Xyron (do you have one of these things? If not - you gotta get one! They have three sizes for every crafter and you can use a half off coupon from Michaels the next time they come around - Easy way to apply loose glitter without messy glues!) on both sides - one side I sprinkled red glitter over, the other was peeled off and adhered to the card. Then I attached a snowflake rhinestone cluster to the center of the 'o'. Easy peasy lemon squeezy right? I am entering this card into the following additional challenges as well:
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - 'Spread a little joy and love' (my sentiment was 'joy'),
- Glitter & Sparkle Challenge - add some red, and
- The Paper Girls Challenge - Glitter, Glitter, Glitter.
Thanks so much for sharing my DTGD journey with me and joining in the celebration that I finished them all! WOO HOO!
~ Crafty Math Chick