(Please click on the photo for clearer resolution). I love big bold striped patterned papers like this, so classy - if you know of any collections with them I'd always appreciate a heads up in the comments! I used a large EK Success punch to punch out the sentiment and punched a black circle behind it to make it stand out a bit more, and an EK Success Anthus Leaf border punch for the horizontal strip that I tied some satin & sheer Offray ribbon over from the days when I was able to road trip to the Offray Ribbon Outlet in Hagerstown, MD (if you live within an hour or so - DC, Carlisle PA - it is worth the trip if you like ribbon or have a function like a wedding coming up!). I made the stick pins with some beads from a pretty yellow collection at Walmart believe it or not (it is difficult to find yellow beads for some reason). I added a little golden bling to the outer edges of the sentiment as well. I am also entering this card in the following additional challenges:
- Paper Playtime Challenge - lots of yellow, and
- Card Makin' Mamas Challenge - black, white & one other color (I obviously went with yellow).
The layout was inspired by the sketch in A.R.T. Challenge #10:
I also entered this card in the following additional challenges as well:
- Art Impressions Stamps Challenge - for the love of cats & dogs,
- JellyPark Challenge - cuddly wuddly, and
- Whimsy Inspiration Challenge - CAS.
~ Crafty Math Chick