Sunday, August 4, 2013

Dare to Get Dirty Challenges - Post 8

Hello again!  I thought since I had a total of four projects to post this evening I would break it into two posts, make it easier to read or something (do you mind posts with a big string of cards?  Let me know!).  The first is actually a tag rather than a card, using There She Goes Clear Stamps' 'Warmest Wishes' stamp set and coordinating dies and some designer papers from Echo Park's 'Season's Greetings' stack (LOVE that collection!):
(Please click on the photo for clearer resolution).  I just love the rustic look of these colors and papers, so I thought the tiny wooden buttons would be the perfect accents for the mittens with a little twine here, little bling there.  I am entering this tag in the following additional challenges:
My second card uses Papertrey Ink's Heart-2-heart #6 collection:
I used the rays of sunshine cutting plate by Taylored Expressions' as a template for the sun's rays and sponged some soft sky ink at the edges of the clouds (I am still 'on cloud nine' myself after realizing I have cloud dies in my collection and no longer have to cut them out by hand, YIPPEE!).  I am entering this card in the following additional challenges:
     Thanks so much for stopping by again this evening!  I appreciate you taking the time to view my creations and read my ramblings.  Have a wonderful evening!
~ Crafty Math Chick

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Super-cute! Your rays are bright and cheerful. They even make the sun smile! :) Thank you for joining the fun at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. ~ Michelle

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gosh, both of these are terrific. Love the mittens complete with string, printed cuffs and button embellishments on your tag.
And your brighter skies card is adorable. Love the sponged background and the sun image just makes me smile. Great design!

Mona Pendleton said...

Awesome set of projects! Love the beautiful sunshine! So bright and cheerful! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Cute tag, love the colors and the little buttons. Thank you for joining us in this weeks blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Pia S said...

Great Christmas tag - those mittens are so fun! And a great sunshine card too! Inspired by your use of yellow I've bought one yellow and one orange distress ink pads today:)

Unknown said...

Cute card
Thanks for joining in at Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge this week
Hugs katie x

rudlis said...

Very pretty tag!. Thanks for playing at SweetStamps. Hope to see you again.

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Gorgeous tag!!! Love the mittens paper peiced in that gorgeous paper. Love the wooden buttons too! So glad you stopped by and joined us at SweetStamps.

diane zechman said...

What a SWEET tag! And those rays are sure to brighten someone's day!

inkydoodlecrafts said...

What sweet little mittens, just love them. Thank you for sharing with us over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)

Lin said...

Thanks for joining us with your cute mittens tag. Lovely neat stitching.

Your other card is bright and beautiful too.

Lin xx
ABC

Ann-Marie said...

What a cute little tag love the little buttons on the mittens. Thank you for joining us over at The ABC Challenge and hope you join us again. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is beautiful. I am sorry you won't be able to go the draw as you have not linked back to the My Heart Pieces Challenge. Marlene