Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Taylored Expressions May Blog Hop

Welcome to your next stop on Taylored Expressions' May Hop.  You should have arrived here from Amber's Blog, if you didn't, you will want to return to the beginning at Taylor's blog so you don't miss any TE 'Masculine' goodness (that was this month's theme). 

Masculine cards are actually one of my favorite kinds to make, not quite as much as dogs of course, but I do enjoy them.  And the set I am showcasing today, Taylored Expressions' 'Boys Will be Boys' is one of my top Go-To masculine sets for manly card.  Here are two new creations for your viewing pleasure today:
For this card I embossed a sheet of thin aluminum to resemble that texture you see in the construction environment and used some nailhead brads to complete the look.  This card also fulfills the requirements of Pixie Dust Studio's Challenge 74 - to make it shiny and incorporate metal into your project. 

For my second card, I went clean and simple:
I found this cool paper by Making Memories that reminded me of the texture and pattern of a male's shirt so I used that and added some buttons to continue the appearance.  Since I don't need that many Father's Day cards, these babies are both going to Operation Write Home so that some of our active duty service members can send them home to their families.

Since I like this set SO much, I wanted to post some cards I made about a year ago using this same set - I thought of simply recreating them, but figured my followers might like to see something new, but for those of  you who might have missed them, here are some more great things you can do with 'Boys Will Be Boys'.

First, you can distress some newspaper and ink up some crimped kraft cardstock for a cool newsie effect:

And you can flock the 'green' on the gold course for a nice bit of added texture as well, and punch a circle, emboss it with a dots EF and sponge it a bit for a 'par-fect' golf scene, complete with golf ball:
Thanks for hopping by!  Make sure to make your way to Wendy's Blog, she next on the hop.  I am sure she has a treat for you.  Enjoy!
~Crafty Math Chick



22 comments:

Karen Giron said...

You are on a roll! I absolutely adore the embossed metal sheet - soooo much fun!

Jodi Collins said...

Look at you go girlie! These are all FABULOUS! I must say, that first card with the "metal" background is GENIUS!!!

Kelly Collins said...

Great idea to emboss the foil. Great cards too!

wendy said...

awesome cards, you were very creative and busy...

Tracy said...

WOWIE!!! These are fantastic. Each one is amazing!!!!!

Kathi said...

That embossing folder is so wonderful for masculine cards since it plays so well with tools, cars, motorcycles, planes, etc.

All your cards are absolutely wonderful. I'm glad that I don't have to choose a favorite!

Emily Keaton said...

Great guy cards, Meredith!

Sankari W. said...

Girl!!! You are amazing!!! LOVE each and every one of your cards - I LOVE that flock of green - that is awesome - and the metal and the CAS and the distressing - holy moly - love all the techniques in one post - amazing Meredith!!!
big hugs,
Sankari :)))))

Wanda Guess said...

WOWZA!!! Can't believe you made all those cards! Fab post! Love the metal one. Have a great day!

Niema said...

Oh Wow! You just had a ball with this challenge. Very nice......

Natalie said...

Fantastic cards!! I love that embossing folder, I need to pull it out and use it. Thanks for all the inspiration!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wow! You've been busy! Great masculine cards! Love the images you used. Great textures! :o)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! What stunning and manly cards! Love the embossed shiny sheet! The distressing and flock are awesome!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Pixies too :)
hugs, margie

Amber Hight said...

Wow!!! These are all awesome! You really can do the masculine card, I'm in awe!!!

Taylor said...

WOW... four cards!! You're setting the bar high! :) Love the embossed metal on the top card!

Theresa said...

Hi Lady - FANTASTIC cards!! You certainly have been busy. Love the newspaper and coffee card - fabulous ribbon. Hope you're well.

Julia Aston said...

Wow - you really went full speed ahead with these masculine designs! love the metal embossed bg on the first one!

Michelle Single said...

FOUR FABULOUS cards?!?! Seriously?!?! OMG! You had me at the first one with the screw brads and the work box embossing.

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

OMGosh! Loce the foil-embossed card! They are all fabulous cards.

My dog was a stray too that somebody dumped off on the side of the road and we got him from the pound. He is the best dog on the face of this earth. Somehow they know they're being rescued when you get them. We love him to death and as Caesar would say, he "claims ownership" every time he sits next to us. We just moved and out kitties were adopted out (cross country move) and he's lonely and depressed and needs some kitties to herd. He's an Australian Cattledog.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings and have a very blessed day.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great set of cards! I especially love the embossed aluminum.. just wonderful!

Nancy Jensen said...

wow, wow, WOWZA! You really out-did yourself! I love every one of your cards... especially the foil card. Great Job!

Jingle said...

Look at all these fun cards! I think the third is my fave!