Monday, May 9, 2011

Rainbow Donut

Hello friends & followers!  I hope you had a good weekend and that your week is off to a good start.  I have two colorful cards for your viewing pleasure today.  The first I made for Skipping Stones Design's Challenge 74.5 - where we were to pick a sketch and make a card based on it rather than being provided with one.  Since I liked the SSD Sketch 74 from the week before so much I used it again in conjunction with SSD's cute Birthday Donuts set:
(the inside says 'sometimes it is best not to know how many you've had' - BWHAHAHA!)  I had so much fun coloring the donut with Copic markers and making the jimmies (that's what we call 'sprinkles' back in Massachusetts) all different colors like the dots on the patterned paper from Paper Studio's 'Birthday Extravaganza' mat stack.  I am also entering this card in Wee Memories Challenge 55: C.R.A.F.T.S. - color, ribbon, acrylic, floral, twine & stamps - we were required to use at least one of those, I used three: color, ribbon & stamps, as well as Paper Play Challenge Week 18 - Show us your style - my favorite style is coloring with Copic markers and incorporating lots of bright colors.  :)

My second card was completed for the first ever Ribbon Carousel Challenge.  RRC1 was an inspiration challenge based on the ribbon carousel itself in this picture:

Yummy isn't it?  I was inspired by the spools and spools of PTI ribbon, and since I have been hoarding a bunch for a while (it's so pretty) I decided this was the perfect occasion to give it some love paired with a cute mini set from There She Goes Clear Stamps called 'Rain & Sunshine':

I wish I had been able to fit more than six colors of ribbon on the card.  Do you see the ten different colors of rhinestones at the bottom?   Each tucked inside its own little scallop?  Aren't they sweet?  This card also satisfied the requirements of the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge 133 - to 'dust off your stash' (in my case, of ribbon, this little mini set had not seen love in a while either), as well as Wee Memories Challenge 55: C.R.A.F.T.S. - color, ribbon, acrylic, floral, twine & stamps - again, I used the same three: color, ribbon & stamps.  :)

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.  I hope you have a wonderful evening!
~Crafty Math Chick

10 comments:

Brenda said...

super cute card! That sketch was one of my favorites! Thanks so much for playing along at SSD!

Jingle said...

These are both really cute! Thanks for playing along with us at SSD!

Emily Keaton said...

What an incredibly cute pair of cards, Meredith! I just LOVE the donut one. The sentiment is too funny! Great inspiration for the ribbon one, too. I hope you win!!

Michele Lourenco said...

This is simply beautiful!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely

Thanks for joining our "Dust off your stash" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

~amy~ said...

Love the donut card..cracks me up.....sweet rainbos/ribbon card!!

Curly said...

Wow this is a beautiful creation, fabulous image,
and lovely colour combo

Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 133 Dust off your Stash/Something Neglected

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

Debbie Carriere said...

Both of your cards are wonderful!! Love the rainbow of ribbons! I'm from Mass, too - did we already "chat" about this at some point?? Maybe at a Verve release party? Thanks for joining us for the first Ribbon Carousel challenge - hope you'll come back :) Have a great day!

Lea L. said...

These are both great! LOVE how you used the ribbon on the second one! Thanks for joining in at Wee Memories this week!

Ann said...

These are both fabulous! Love that sweet donut with the ribbon on your first card!

Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories!