Friday, August 17, 2012

WnW86 ~ Favorite Color Combination

Hello friends & followers!  So happy you could visit my blog today.  Today's card was created for Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge 86 - to make a card using your favorite color combination.  My favorite color combo is sky blue and chocolate brown, so I used the adorable Ansley's Surprise digi image and created this card:
I don't know what it is about this color combination that is so soothing and so heart-warming at the same time, but it just makes me happy, I love it!!  Little Ansley and her surprise puppy were colored in with Bic Mark-Its (I soooo miss my Copics!!) and I was psyched to find an already embossed piece of bashful blue cardstock in my scraps stash (which is all I am able to use to craft with until we are moved in and unpacked) along with some snowflake patterned paper by the Paper Studio that I picked up from Hobby Lobby.  The silver pine accents, blue button and cord are left over from Christmas Card kit from a club to which I belong (revisit on Aug. 31st to see the contents of the kit and what all of the participants made with it!!).  It felt SO nice to make a 'fancier' card than I have been used to since I had to pack up my crafty supplies.
     This card also fulfills the requirements of the following additional challenges:
     Hope you will play along with us!  Wags 'n Whiskers' digi images are not required (though we love to see them and you are put in a 2nd drawing for a free WnW digi image if you use one) and one lucky participant wins a Wags 'n Whiskers stamp - how cool is that?!!  You could pick up a Ansley's Surprise of your own!
     Have a great weekend everyone!
~ Crafty Math Chick

4 comments:

Pia S said...

I think you've made such a sweet card. The color combination is lovely and I think you've colored the sweet image so beautifully. Great layout too!

Jenny said...

Awww...how precious is this? Great coloring too! So glad you played with us at Great Impressions Stamps!

marion said...

Lovely image and lovely sweet card, hugs, Marion

Sue from Oregon said...

Had to laugh at this! My little doggie can certainly open his annual squeaky ball Christmas present by shredding the paper. So very cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Great Impressions Blog. ♥ Sue Kment