Friday, March 16, 2012

Kiss Me - I Lost the Sentiment Stamp

     Hello friends & followers!  Sorry I have not had the opportunity to post my blogaversary candy yet - it is coming - I need Ty to finish his medication and get back to a normal schedule then catch up on a little needed sleep, then I hope to wow you with some crafty candy.  ;)
     Today's card is my DT sample for Wags 'n Whiskers' Challenge to 'Use Green' (I hope you will get to play along!  WnW images are not needed, though we certainly love to see them, and you could win a WnW stamp!  You have 2 weeks to play along!).  I selected Wags 'n Whiskers' adorable 'Steal a Kiss' digi image with the thought of adding a 'Kiss Me - I'm Irish' sentiment - which I specifically purchased from the $1 bin at A.C. Moore just for this purpose.  So... it comes time to post my challenge sample and of course, this sentiment stamp could not be found - ARGH!  (You know I am going to find it today or next week, right?).  Anyway, here is my card, I used the Midnight Madness March Monthly Madness Sketch (MMSC136), I really liked the symmetric nature and the balance of it:
I used Copic markers to color the children in with pale skin and red hair and gave them blue & green clothing to match the Old Olive (meant to use Garden Green, oops!) and Not Quite Navy cardstock (would you believe this is my first time ever using this color?  Looks good together, no?) and these pretty blue teal pearls I found at A.C. Moore... you know... when I was busy looking for that sentiment that didn't get used?  Sigh...
     This card also fulfills the following additional challenges as well:


     Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to check back for my blog candy!  It will be posted as soon as I am able.
~Crafty Math Chick

18 comments:

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh this is lovely! thank you for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

Carol L said...

I really like the colors on this card, and I love how the background looks almost like bureau drawers! Too cute!

Karen C said...

I love this! I love how the three strips almost look like drawers. Very sweet card! :) Thanks for sharing with us this week at One Stitch At A Time! Best of luck in the draw. Hope to see you back next week!
Hugs,
Karen C (OSAAT DT)
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

Barbie said...

You did an amazing job, as usual. The color combination is great! I agree with Carol L, looks just like drawers. Very pretty indeed. I hope you find your sentiment stamp (crossing fingers).

Nikki Byrne said...

Gorgeous card and image, love the colours. Thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT this week, good luck, and hope to see you again. Hugs


NIKKI DT

Anonymous said...

Fantastic I just LOVE this Image and love the way you have done your card looks awesome! Thanks for Joining us on the Pile It On challenge this time, see you soon! hugs Samantha :0)

Love crafts forever said...

This is gorgeous. Thank you for playing with us this week at One Stitch At A Time.
Hugs Nataliya

Anne-Marie said...

That is a really cool image that you have used, the green is lovely by the way.

Thank you for joining us at Stamp 'n' Doodle this week.

Anne-Marie x x

Chana Malkah said...

This is just too cute! Thanks for playing with us at Stamnp-N-Doodle!

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love the symmetry of the sketch - you are right the balance gives the card a soothing to the eye appeal! Well done!
Thanks for playing with us at Stamp-n-Doodle.
Hugs,
Beth

Tammy said...

Adorable card, love the great background! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at the Digi Doodle Shop!

Unknown said...

Very nice fun card, love the draw effect.
Thanks for joining us at Stamp n doodle challenges.
Wendy

lalkygirl said...

fabulous card ,superb digi and a great layout
thanks for joining us at the digi doodle shop challenge and good luck
tracey x

Rach83 said...

Super sweet card and lovely embossing. Great layout too. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Don't forget to check out our next challenge which will be available soon.

Rachel x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! Love your coloring--great design too!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

WeirdCat said...

So cute, love the design of the card, thank you for joining us at The Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week
Ruth x

marsha said...

What a cute image! I love your coloring and the rich green color you used. Thanks so much for joining us for this month's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, hope you will come back to play again next month!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT

Jen Leeflang said...

What a fabulous entry into our Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #136 - I can't wait to see your entry for our next exciting challenge.
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge DT