Today's card is my DT sample for Wags 'n Whiskers' Challenge to 'Use Green' (I hope you will get to play along! WnW images are not needed, though we certainly love to see them, and you could win a WnW stamp! You have 2 weeks to play along!). I selected Wags 'n Whiskers' adorable 'Steal a Kiss' digi image with the thought of adding a 'Kiss Me - I'm Irish' sentiment - which I specifically purchased from the $1 bin at A.C. Moore just for this purpose. So... it comes time to post my challenge sample and of course, this sentiment stamp could not be found - ARGH! (You know I am going to find it today or next week, right?). Anyway, here is my card, I used the Midnight Madness March Monthly Madness Sketch (MMSC136), I really liked the symmetric nature and the balance of it:
I used Copic markers to color the children in with pale skin and red hair and gave them blue & green clothing to match the Old Olive (meant to use Garden Green, oops!) and Not Quite Navy cardstock (would you believe this is my first time ever using this color? Looks good together, no?) and these pretty blue teal pearls I found at A.C. Moore... you know... when I was busy looking for that sentiment that didn't get used? Sigh...
This card also fulfills the following additional challenges as well:
- Fab 'n Funky Challenge 112 - Luck of the Irish,
- Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge 99 - People,
- Digistamps4Joy Challenge 38 - a predominantly green card,
- One Stitch at a Time Challenge 104 - Use a digi,
- Stamp 'n Doodle Challenge - Happy St. Patrick's Day,
- Pile It On Challenge 11 - Shades of Green, and
- Play Date Cafe Color Challenge 123: (check out this pretty inspiration picture to accompany the challenge)
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check back for my blog candy! It will be posted as soon as I am able.
~Crafty Math Chick