Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Graduation Card with Newton's Nook Designs

Hello everyone!  Today is my day to be featured on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog.  I decided to share a graduation card I made for a friend using Fetching Friendship and Simply Sentimental along with some pretty graduation themed papers by Doodlebug (I loooove Doodlebug papers!!):

Doggie Graduation Card by Crafty Math Chick | Fetching Friendship & Simply Sentimental by Newton's Nook Designs

The recipient of this card owns a beagle mix and although Fetching Friendship is really a Labrador Retriever set, I thought that by itself this dogie image might resemble a beagle mix.  I colored him to match his coloring with Copic markers and fussy cut him out.  I created the graduation cap from a scrap piece of black cardstock by cutting a rhombus of the appropriate size and them rounded off the bottom of another piece to create the piece under the flat top.  To create the tassel I tied a knot in an end of a small piece of red embroidery floss and affixed it to the center of the top of the cap using a rhinestone stud (which also serves as his license and tags, gotta have those!); here is a close up:


I created the sentiment using three different sentiment pieces from Simply Sentimental, then punched a few glittery and shiny stars for accents.  And TA DA, card complete!  I hope you like it.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to see my creations and for all the kind comments you take the time to leave, I appreciate every single one of them.  have a great day!

~ Crafty Math Chick

1 comment:

Jennifer Jackson said...

Love this card! The colors are great and that graduation cap is so adorable!!