Monday, October 20, 2014

Healing Thoughts Recessed card

Hello!  Lately I have WAAAAY too many friends hurting themselves or getting sick (I need my friends to stay healthy and stop hurting themselves already!  Poor things!!) so I have quite a few 'get well soon' cards to make.  This one I made for a friend I originally met on youtube, and got to know a little better on FB, for her hubby that had a horrific accident (he is going to be fine, but he is pretty banged up and broken for a while until he heals).  I got the idea for it from Stamp TV's October Release Party Challenge - to make a recessed card.  Haven't made one of those in a while.  


The teddy bear isn't too childish for a grown man, is it?  I used the teddy bear image from 'Under the Weather' by Gina K. Designs and paired it with the above sentiment, which I thought was more appropriate for someone who was not sick per se, but healing... a lot...  I colored the bear with my Copics (E59, 57, 55) and paper pieced his paw pads & bandages using some papers from Gina's 'Poolside' collection.  In retrospect, I wish I had used teenie wooden buttons instead of the black rhinestones, more masculine.


Additional Challenges:
Kitty Bee Designs Aloha Friday Challenge #34: dies or punches (I used a die to cut out the recessed window)

Thank you for taking the time to look at my card!  Have a great evening!

~ Crafty Math Chick

1 comment:

Julie said...

Cute card! Poor little bear!

Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs for our Dies / Punches Challenge!

Our new challenge launched today so why not take a peak!

Hugs

Julie x