Monday, April 18, 2011

Two More

Hello again, I am back with two more cards for your viewing pleasure.  The first was created using this week's Spotlight Sketch at Stamp TV and the colors from The Play Date Cafe's Color Challenge 77, green, brown and white:

Here is my card:
I am really loving this little owl from Gina K. Designs' 'Owl Always Love You' set and coloring it in with OMS.  This is my first circle card ever!  Fellow splitcoaststamper Ravengirl (a.k.a. Toni) told me I could make a circle card by cutting out two Nestability circles, scoring 1/2" from the top of one of them and attaching it to the other circle by this bent piece from the inside - genius!  I wanted to use the largest circle I could since the size of the owl panel was rather large itself, so I went with a scalloped circle shape instead.  Since this little guy certainly qualifies as a 'cute critter' I am also entering him in Lawnscaping's Challenge 8, Calling All Critters:


The second card was created using Skipping Stones Designs' Sketch 72 designed by Laurie Schmidlin, some pretty patterned papers by Echo Park and SSD's "Bra's Volume 1" set.
The fancy bra was embossed with black EP onto Pink Pirouette cardstock.  I colored in the bow in the middle and added a tiny rhinestone accent, can you see it?  Since this card has lots and lots of layers it satisfies the requirements of Cupcake Craft Challenge 138, "Lots of Layers'.

Thank again for stopping by my little blog to view my creations.   I hope you like them and have a great day!! :)
~Crafty Math Chick

21 comments:

Barb Turpin said...

Gotta love the Bra sets...excellent job on the sketch...thanks for playing with us!

Faye said...

Both these cards are fab, but I especially like the second one. You've done a great job with all the layers (more than three make me nervous too) and I LOVE all the papewrs you've put together. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cupcake this week. x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, that owl is too cute! I like the soft sponging you did around him, too. THanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Anonymous said...

these are both adorable. I lOve the way you colored that owl.

Kristy Smith said...

Hi there! WOW you have lovely cards! I just love this new one (you know I love owls if you've checked out my site!) I see that we certainly do have lots in common! Gotta love math, crafting and puppies (I say as I sit here with math tests and a puppy right next to me!) So good to meet you in the crafting world! I can't wait to see more of what you create!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super-d-duper, Meredith! Love the colors on the owl and how well your colored that image...beautifully bold and bright! Your second card is too cute! I wish I had a bra that looked that good! (Uh, was that TMI?) Haha...
Fantastic job on both cards, hope you're feeling better!

Laurel Beard said...

Super cute cards! Yes indeed. That adorable owl critter just captured my heart! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Brenda said...

So cute! super job on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at SSD!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your very first circle card! That owl's face is just a hoot ~ pun intended! Supers colors and coloring! And that bra card is the BEST! Even down to that rhinestone detal and the sentiment with the rhinestones! BOTH FAB! PS THX for the B-Day wishes!

~amy~ said...

Fantastic cards! They are both GREAT! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Wendy said...

This is my favorite stamp from this set!! You ROCKED it!! The colors are so classic "fancy Bra". Great job!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Skipping Stones Design!!!

Jingle said...

These are both adorable cards! I love them! Thanks for playing along with us over at SSD!!!

Marie said...

Great job on your first circle card! TFS =)

Tracey said...

Adorable shape card!! Fabulous use of the PDCC colours! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Fabulous cards! LOVE the shape and gorgeous coloring of our take! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Anonymous said...

Love both of these cards and I am totally in love with the colors on the bra card! Such a cute embellishment, too! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Super fun owl - he looks right at home amongst those branches. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, I love all the layers. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Andrea Ewen said...

Just poppin' over to tell you congrats on your Fab Four win at the Play Date Cafe! Yay, you!

Shelly said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Fab layers! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenge! Shelly x

Ashley Newell said...

You're coloring is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!