Monday, April 25, 2011

Three More Cards for Monday

Hello again friends & followers!  I have been busily crafting away today and have three more cards for your viewing pleasure.  The first is based on There She Goes Sketch Challenge 104 and TSG's HSH - Hanukkah Additions set:
The menorah and sentiment (which conveniently fits perfectly inside Stampin' Up!'s Word Window punch) were embossed with gold EP onto Night of Navy cardstock matted in Brushed Gold.  The background was embossed using the Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots EF and I used two ribbons to complete the card: a navy satin ribbon over the scalloped strip of Brushed Gold (ideally I would have preferred a navy velvet, but I only had royal blue which clashed), and a sheer navy ribbon at the top.  There She Goes Clear Stamps is hosting 'The Mother of All Blog Hops' Mother's Day weekend - it is going to be a LOT of fun, showcasing tons of TSG's fantastic images, so make sure you click the link and check it out - I don't want you to miss out on the fun!!  :)

My next two cards were both completed using Skipping Stones Design's Sketch 73 by Laurie Schmidlin:

In my first card I replaced the heart with a snowman from SSD's 'Sassy Snow' Set and created three snow drifts using pre-glittered white paper from DCWV (which doesn't show up well in the photo, but it is super sparkly in real life). 

I substituted pom poms in for the buttons as a little snowball stockpile, and since this snowman's expression seemed to be saying 'Gimme a snowball!' I gave him one in his little mittened hand.  The background is Marina Mist cardstock embossed using Cuttlebug's Snowflakes EF.  (Holiday card count - 28, still behind, but catching up).  This card also fulfills the requirements Charisma Cardz Challenge 16 - jokes & laughter due to the humorous sentiment.

My second card uses SSD's 'Grey Hares' set:

I usually stamp this cute bunny on grey cardstock since it matches several of the funny sentiments from this set, but today for a change of pace I decided I wanted a white bunny in front of that sunburst on background DP; all three different patterned papers on this card are all from The Blossoms & Butterflies mat stack by DCWV.  I punched out some flowers using a triple flower punch from Stampin' Up! and Daffodil Delight, Marina mist, and Melon Mambo cardstock and gave them pearl centers.  This card also fulfills the requirements of the following challenges as well:
Thank you all for hosting such fun challenges and thank all of you for taking the time to stop by my little blog and see my cards.  I hope your week is off to a fabulous start!
~Crafty Math Chick

14 comments:

Katie Skiff said...

Good job Mer!! Love coming and seeing ALL your creations..so glad you are bloggin!!

Deanna said...

Wow these are all great!

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness.....your Gray Hares card is FABULOUS!!!!!!!! Great job. Are these on Facebook? Please post them!!! We are giving away a free set this week for Featured Facebook Stamper!!!

Lionelsa said...

Lovely cards. Like the color combination you've used.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

~amy~ said...

All of your cards are simply wonderful! You are rockin' the SSD!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, three great cards, Meredith! I love the clean and classic lines of the Hanukkah card, the sweetness of the snowman card (love those snowballs) and the adorable bunny with pretty papers!

Emily Leiphart said...

P.S. Thanks so much for the EP tip! :)

Renkata said...

Very creative with the papers. Such a cute cards.
Thanks for join us at the Crazy Challenge.

Fiona said...

such a fun bright and cherry card...I like how you checked your list off!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Jingle said...

These are all great cards! So fun! Thanks for playing along with us over at SSD!

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and and thanks for joining Creative inspirations this week

Niki Estes said...

Wonderful cards! That colors and gold embossing on the first one are just beautiful and I love the little snowballs on the second one!

Lisa H. said...

wow! great group of cards. love them.

Shana said...

I love the bold, bright colours with the bunny! Perfect for Spring! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!