Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs' Inky Paws Challenge #32 ~ Use an Arrow

Hello Everyone!  I hope you all enjoyed a relaxing Memorial Day Weekend and were able to reflect upon those who selflessly sacrificed their lives to help protect the freedoms with which we are all blessed.  It is my turn to be featured on the Newton's Nook Designs' Blog (yaay!) so I wanted to make a card to play along with the current Inky Paws Challenge - to use an arrow.   


I knew this challenge was the purr-fect opportunity to feature the new Points & Plumes die set.  

Owls in Love card by Crafty Math Chick | Magical Dreams & Sweetheart Tails stamp sets & Points & Plumes die set by Newton's Nook Designs

Originally I was going to have one of the owls 'riding' on the arrow, clenching it in its talons.  But I couldn't decide - do I use the feminine shy owl from Sweetheart Tails?  Or the adorable barn owl from Magical Dreams?  (which I purchased long ago and still had yet to use!)  I couldn't decide (big shock there) so I altered the design and used both - yaay!!  I masked them and had them perch on the branch from Hanging Around, which I extended with a ruler and a black gel ink pen.  I simply cut the arrow die cut in half and positioned it so it looked like it was piercing the heart above - VOILA!  Hope you like it!

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my card.  Hope your May ends happily and your June was a wonderful beginning!

~ Crafty Math Chick



No comments: