Friday, April 29, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs' Inky Paws Challenge #31 - it's a Sketch!!

Welcome back Crafty Peeps! Time for another Inky Paws Challenge by newton's Nook Designs!  And this one is a SKETCH CHALLENGE!  YAAY!  My favorite!  Here is the sketch we are playing with this challenge:


Those of you who know me well know I have issues with slanted elements (I find them very off-putting for some reason - visually I prefer symmetry and slanted pieces tend to defy that), so you will know it was a little bit of a challenge to make this card:

Handmade with Love Crochet Tag Card by Crafty Math Chick | Tag Sampler & Newton Unwinds by Newton's Nook Designs

I used some cable knitted (I have not learned cable knitting yet, someday though!) sweater patterned paper for the background and used the yarn ball image from 'Newton Unwinds'  to decorate the center strip.  The tag was created using the newly released 'Tag Sampler' stamp set and Tags Times Two die set.  I figured it is time to start building up my stash of cards that can accompany all the fun things I make with yarn these days, and these sets are 'PURR' fect for just that (YAAY!  Thanks Jen!).  I still say that little crochet hook is just the sweetest thing!

Are you ready to get your paws inky with us and play along to win a prize?  The Challenge winner will receive a $10 store credit to Newton's Nook Designs' online store and an Inky Paws Challenge Top Pick Badge to add to your blog!  AND IF there are more than 15 participants, Jen will choose TWO winners, so be sure to tell your friends and to play along too!  Please visit the Newton's Nook Designs' blog HERE for all the details!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you will play along with us!  Can't wait to see what you create!

~ Crafty Math Chick



1 comment:

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is so fun! I love the way you combined the sets and the fun background paper matches perfectly! Thanks for playing along with our challenge!