Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Inky Paws Challenge #19

Hello Everyone!  Hope you are enjoying your start to spring!  Have you had a chance to play along with Newton's Nook Designs' Inky Paws Challenge #19 - Watercolor yet?


I decided to dust off my watercolor crayons and pencils and create this 'I'm Sorry!' card using NND's Holiday Hounds (pup), Naughty Newton (sentiments), and Newton's Antics (paw prints):

Ooops Doxie muddy paw prints watercolor card by Crafty Math Chick | Holiday Hounds and Naughty Newton from Newton's Nook Designs

First I colored the solid paw print images in brown watercolor crayon and swirled the wax around with a waterbrush and stamped on the WC cardstock to give the impression of muddy paw prints tracked across the floor.  I thought they needed a little more definition so I stamped the outline paw print image over them.  Then I stamped the doxie and colored him in using WC pencils & a waterbrush and added the sentiments.  Then I created a mat with my favorite paw print border using an EK Success edger punch.  I can't recall whether the background DP came from Michaels or HL, sorry!

Hope you like my card, and hope you will get a chance to play along with NND's Inky Paws Challenge - it runs until April 9th and you could win a gift certificate to the NND store too if you're lucky - good luck!

Thanks for stopping by!


 ~ Crafty Math Chick

2 comments:

Yuki said...

Super cute card! Love how you used the doxie for a non-holiday card and the sentiment goes perfectly! :)

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is super cute! I love the MUDDY footprints!!