Thursday, January 8, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs Flash Challenge: Thank you!

Happy 2015 Friends & Followers!  I hope you had a happy new year and that 2015 will also be a healthy & crafty one for you!  Jen decided it would be fun to begin the new year reflecting on what we are thankful for and is having a Flash Challenge with a Thank you theme and even created a new freebie digi on the blog just for you!


For this specific challenge she is even lifting the requirement that NND images be used - that's right, you can use ANY image and play along this time!  However, this is also a SHORT challenge - you only have through Saturday, January 10th to play along and the winner will be drawn randomly.  So I hope you will join us and play along!

I certainly have a LOT to be thankful for, especially at this time.  A lot has happened since my last post - our sweet furbaby Ty was in a lot of pain, we discovered he had a damaged cervical disc and he needed ventral slot surgery.  The vet called last night and said the surgery went well, so now I just have to hope he has a smooth recovery with no complications.  So, any prayers or positive thoughts you care to offer on his behalf are most appreciated.  Anyone who knows me knows he means the world to me.  

Newton's Nook Designs has son many great sets with images and sentiments that are perfect for expressing gratitute, I selected Sweet Summer (which happens to be on sale right now as well - bonus!)


and used some retired patterned paper by Imaginisce that I LOVE to create this card:


I used a corner rounder to give the card more of a watermelon-slice-feel (when I die cut circles and fold them in half and cards are so small it is difficult to write much on the inside).

SInce The Mod Squad Challenge was also having a 'thank you' theme, I am submitting this card for that challenge as well!  

I know I never have enough thank you cards in my stash - hope you will join us and play along!  Happy 2015 and thanks again for your prayers for our furbaby.

~ Crafty Math Chick

2 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

Super fun thank you - I love the seeds in the background on the paper that mirror the fun fruit slice! I'm ready for summer now - too bad it's super cold here today! Thanks for playing along - and best Wishes to you and Ty!

Joyce Erb said...

Really "sweet" card. Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge.