Tuesday, December 9, 2014

For our neighbor with Newton's Nook Designs

Hello everyone!  Today it is my turn to make something crafty for the Newton's Nook Designs Blog, so I decided to use Newton's Holiday Mischief:


To make a card for our neighbors, who owns a pretty grey kitty:


I created the door by dry embossing some pieces of kraft cardstock with a woodgrain pattern and then sponging some Crumb Cake ink around the edges to add some additional depth & texture and added a big brad as the doorknob.  Cutting Newton (here Newton is dressed as 'Nigel' kitty, who is grey) out was a bit tricky, but once that was accomplished I hung his wreath from the door using a smaller brad and thought since his tail was curling that would be a cut way to attach the sentiment dangling by some sparkly twine as a sign with the sentiment stamped & punched out with a word window punch.  I hope they will like it!  They don't know I stamp.  A lot of folks find out this about me at Christmas, LOL!  

Challenges entered:



I hope you like my card and I hope I have inspired you to continue (or start...) your holiday cards and projects... unless you are finished already.  I am finished with Hanukkah and started my holiday & Christmas cards long ago, but still have quite a few more to complete before the holiday.  Don't forget - any Christmas themed cards or projects you make using NND stamps you can enter in our current Inky Paws Challenge running through Friday, December 12th at midnight CST as well!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

~ Crafty Math Chick

6 comments:

Yuki said...

Absolutely adorable and so creative! That's so sweet you colored Newton to look like your neighbor's cat. And I totally love how the little sign is hanging off of Newton's tail. :)

Samantha Mann said...

this card is SO COOL! i just LOVE the door you made and the sign hanging on the tail - GENIUS!!!!!!! so so so cute!! this card is a work of art, and i just LOVE it!

Jennifer Jackson said...

Adorable Card - I love the door idea!!

Heather said...

Such an adorable Christmas card - I love your design and woodgrain kraftcard, your image is so cute - love his tail hanger!!

Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Ela said...

This is lovely. What a great idea, to hang the sentiment from the tail. Seeing it now, it's probably meant to be an option, but I wouldn't never have thought of it.
Hugs
Ela

Anonymous said...

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This piece of writing posted
at this website is truly nice.