Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ribbon Ramblings

Hello friends & followers.  Some of you may know, I am not much of a purple person, but that didn't stop me from participating in the Play Cate Cafe Challenge 81 - the color combination of grape, lime and grey as displayed in this lovely inspirational picture:
However, I could not decide which purple to use: the retired Eggplant Envy, Rich Razzleberry or Concord Crush.  I paired all of them with Kiwi Kiss, which I selected as my green, and thought the Concord looked best - but what to do about ribbon?  If I didn't have a ribbon to match it would clash, so I got out all of my purple ribbon (not really that much of it in my stash) and luckily the only purple that any of my ribbon were remotely even close to was indeed Concord Crush.  We had a winner!  Then, wouldn't you know it, I forgot to leave space for the scalloped piece which actually contained the ribbon that all the fuss was about at the top:
So I went ahead and made a second card; here is the version with the ribbon and scalloped border:
I almost think I like the 'naked' one better, the flowers stand out more - what do you think?  Which do you prefer?


The floral images are from Stampin' Up!'s Fifth Avenue Floral (a wonderful set for just about any color challenge), and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s Upsy Daisy set.  These cards also meet the requirements of the following challenges:
Thank you for the cool challenges and thank you all for taking the time to visit my blog and see my creations.  Have a great day!
~Crafty Math Chick

14 comments:

Theresa said...

I like them both! Very nicely done. I love that stamp set and the colors are just perfect!!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE the way you've layered those gorgeous blossoms! Such stunning, CAS takes on our color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Andrea Ewen said...

I love both versions, Meredith, one CAS and one stepped up a notch! The way you've put the colors together is just regal...two totally beautiful cards! Great job!

Emily Keaton said...

Both of these are really pretty, Meredith! Gotta say that the top "naked" one has the slight edge in my book. :)

Fiona said...

both cards are fabby takes on the colours in the colour challenge! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

Anita said...

Stunning cards! I love the first card better.

nat said...

WOW so beautiful...i also think the one without lace is a winner...but then again i would love to receive either of them
nat

Jaclyn Miller said...

I love that you created two versions! The top one is my fave but I'm a CAS girl. ;) Great use of stamps and this week's colors. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! Two cards--I love the CAS first one--those layered flowers are FAB! I also love that second one--that purple ribbon is LUSH:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yes, I'm agreeing with you on the 'naked' one! It showcases the flowers better. :) That's just my opinion. THanks for playing with us at The Play Date CAfe!

~Tammy~ said...

These are GREAT! I love both versions! The "naked" one does make the flowers stand out better, but the first one has a lot to offer too! :-)

Suzanne said...

Both are gorgeous, but I can see why you like the naked one more. I'd be psyched to receive either one! :) Love how you used an outline image in different colors for this challenge!

Libby Hickson said...

Love love love both of your gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Jenny said...

Can't decide. Love both of these cards. Thank you for sharing with us at Paper Sundaes this week.