(please click on the photo for clearer resolution if it is blurry). First I created the background by spreading some Brocade Blue ink with an Aquabrush on watercolor paper. Then I freehand cut the 'sand' from Crumb Cake (i.e. kraft) cardstock. The shrimp, fish and trees were stamped on Cameo Coral, Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss and Garden green and fussy cut and glued in place (the shrimp was paper pieced due to his stick-like legs). I added a little Stickles here and there (Waterfall to the water & waves at the top, Fruit Punch to the Shrimp, Patina to the vegetation and Pink to the fish) and punched the wave border with a Fiskars border punch. Lastly I created a fishhook out of a paper clip and added the 'You're swell' sentiment being lowered into the water from it. Voila! Card complete!
This card also fulfills the requirements of the following additional challenges:
- All That Stickles Challenge - Waterfall (added to the water & waves at the top),
- Craft a Scene Challenge - Under the Sea,
- The Squirrel & the Flax Challenge - Nautica/Sea Life,
- Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge - Anything Goes with Paper Smooches stamps (I used several images from their 'Surf & Turf' set),
- The Paper Girls Challenge - watercolors, and
- Pile It On Challenge 30 - Anything Goes (why not?)
Thanks again for stopping by to see my creations! I appreciate your time and your comments. Have a wonderful evening and stay tuned for more cards tomorrow!
~ Crafty Math Chick