Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Whole Lotta Paper Piecing Goin' On!

Hello friends & followers!  I have three cards for your viewing pleasure today and I guess I was in a paper piecing mood.  The first was for CAS-ual Friday's Challenge 36 - to make an all black & white card in honor of Penguin day.  I decided to use some pretty black & white striped paper I have had in my stash for quite some time and paper piece the chaise lounge image from 'Fine Furnishings - Additions' by Gina K. Designs to come up with this untraditional valentine:
I created a 'floor' for the image with a scrap of black cardstock with one edge run through the scalloped edge border punch.  This card also fulfills the requirements of the following additional challenges:


My second card was created for Stamp TV's Free-for-Friday Challenge to CASE DT member Jennie Harper - not an easy task if you have seen her impressive gallery!.. I decided to CASE this card, I selected the same bird image & 'Te Amo' sentiment from 'Warm & Fuzzy' by Gina K. Designs, different patterned papers (from Echo Park's Victoria Gardens stack) and a regular scalloped border punch rather than the one with ones that Jennie used to come up with this card:
I sponged around the oval image like Jennie did also, though I am not sure it shows.  This card also fulfills the requirements of the following additional challenges as well:


My last card was created for Sweet 'n Sassy's Inspiration Challenge 23 over at Splitcoaststampers based on this lovely photo selected by Taylor Usry:
I was inspired by the wood elements and the sparkly mint bird and created this card:
I used SNSS' 'Winter Friends' set and colored in the snowman's scarf, hat and bird in a mint color (don't use that one too often!) and added some sparkle with some matching glitter from Martha Stewart and some glittery white snow using a Quickie Glue Pen.  I embossed a piece of kraft cardstock with a woodgrain embossing folder by the Paper Studio that I picked up at Hobby Lobby and ran my Palette New Canvas ink pad over the raised surface to give it a wintery feel.  I added a touch of twine for a rustic look.  (Holiday card count - 3).  This card also fulfills the following additional challenges as well:


Well, that is all I have for you today.  Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog and view my creations.  Have a great week!
~Crafty Math Chick

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards!! I love how you paper pieced that lounging chair; super cute CAS card! Thanks for joining in our Crafty Creations challenge this week and I hope you'll join us again!
smiles,Deena

Theresa said...

Hi Meredith - totally awesome cards lady. I love the black and white card. Paper piecing is so fun...I should do more. Great job!!

Michele Gross said...

Oh your chair card is soooo neat! I love the paper you used to 'upholster' it :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this time and good luck in the draw!

Lisa x

Cat's sCrap said...

What a creativity ! Wonderful cards ! Successful graphic effect. Beautiful layout. Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Pauline said...

Fab cards, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

WencheP said...

Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Clare Brown said...

what a great card, thanks for sharing with us this week at Charisma.

hugs Clare

Suzanne said...

Super cute, Meredith! I love that snowman card - the image is adorable! Your felt was mailed on Friday!!!! :)

Karen B. said...

These are all really great cards! The first is so sleek and elegant! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great job with the paper, especially love the lounge, very cool!

happyglitzygirl said...

Great cards, all of them, thanks for playing with us at the Poodles Parlour, blessings Hilde

Naomi said...

Fabulous card! Love the paper-piecing, beautiful patterned paper, and that sweet birdie! Thanks so much for joining us, last week, at DYSU!

Lisa T said...

Cute! I especially love the snowman card. That is a great embossing folder! I like how you added the white ink. It looks very realistic! I must look for that folder the next time I'm at Hobby Lobby.
P.S. I love your blog name. ;-)

~Tammy~ said...

Fantastic cards Meredith!