Friday, August 19, 2011

TSG is Out of this World!

Surprise!  Second post from me today!  I knew when I saw Sketch 68 from Sunday Sketch & Stamp:
that I wanted to flip it and use There She Goes Clear Stamps' 'Out of this World' set and turn the big pink circle into a Saturn using a big yellow circle, and two wide oval Nestabilities dies placed off center from one another.  This was the final result:
(Please click on the photo for a clearer image)  I had so much fun coloring this cute little guy with Copic markers - the moon is more vibrant too, but it is muted a bit by the vellum (had to think of something to use for that part of the sketch).  Some of the stars are images from the set, others are holographic sequins.  In addition to Sunday Sketch & Stamp, this card also fulfills the requirements of the following challenges:

Psst!  How would you like to win The Ultimate Twine Bundle - full spools of all 14 colors of the yummy Twinery twine?  Check out the Twinery's Anniversary Day 5 Celebration for the details HERE!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog again and seeing my creations!  I hope you have a FABULOUS weekend!
~Crafty Math Chick

7 comments:

jessica said...

What an adorable card!! Love the image and the background!
TFS and playing along with us over at Paper Playtime :)

Meg said...

Oooh, this is fabulous, Meredith! I love your clever idea of making Saturn! Your coloring is awesome, too (I always find it hard to "color" something white or light gray). Love the sparkly stars, too!

Theresa said...

Meredith, you have such amazing ideas. Your card is super fabulous!! Perfectly out of this world. I love it.

Zulma said...

Cute card! nice image and colors. TFS with us at Paper Playtime.
Zulma DT

Emily Leiphart said...

This is adorable, Meredith! I love how you created Saturn. Very clever. The sparkly stars and vellum make great embellishments.

Janis Lewis said...

Well, aren't you glad you DID submit a project even though we had over 500 entries? Because YOU WON! Please send me your email address to my email. I will need to forward that to our sponsor who will contact you with how to claim your prize. :) janis at slowar dot com

Anonymous said...

Shut up!!! Too cute!!!