Monday, March 28, 2011

Markers down?

Good afternoon friends and followers.  I really enjoy coloring with Copic Markers, so I was taken back when I saw that There She Goes' 100th challenge was to use a coloring medium other than markers... (cricket, cricket).  I decided it was time to bite the bullet and finally learn how to color with Odorless Mineral Spirits (OMS).  I used this awesome tutoring on coloring with OMS at Stamp TV, and this is what I came up with:
I used There She Goes' 'Puppy Love' stamp set - which I LOVE and a layout and color scheme from the CASE Study Challenge 32.  Here is the lovely card created by Julee Tilman that we were given for inspiration:
As you can see, I used the sky blue and chocolate brown color combination (my favorite BTW) along with some of these beautiful pre-flock and pre-glittered Ella Blue papers and rosettes that were a 'get well' gift from my dear friend Lee.  I discovered I didn't have any chocolate satin ribbon so I opted for this sparkly brown one since it matched the sparkle of the patterned paper.  (Note - tying wired ribbon is tricky!  LOL!) 

I followed part of the recipe of This week's Catered Crop 'FTR8' Challenge, using the following ingredients from the sample recipe in my card:
  • Colors - blue, brown, green (see the grass?)
  • Color medium - Prismacolor pencils (with OMS)
  • Tools - die cut shapes - ovals
  • Embellishments - ribbons, flowers

Also since my card uses flowers on the patterned paper and those petite rosebuds, it satifies the requirements of Cupcake Craft Challenge 135 - Flowers for Mum, I even had the idea that the two cute pups pictured were a Mom & pup when I designed the card.

Thank you to Lee for the gorgeous goodies to craft with, to all of the sponsors for the cool challenges and to all of you who take the time to look at my card.  Have a great day!
~Crafty Math Chick

13 comments:

Anita said...

Amazing cards! I am just learning to use pencils.

Linda McClain said...

Markers down is right. Well, okay, I'm a copic fanatic, too, but you did a great job without them! I'm so glad you joined us at Catered Crop, especially since I'm a canine lover, too. Thanks for playing with us.

Suzanne said...

Super cute!!!! You coloring is perfect. I love clicking on your blog from Google reader cuz then I see Ty pop up and I say Hi to him as though he can hear me. LOL!

Debbie Carriere said...

What a cute image!!! Great coloring. Wonderful card, TFS :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Great CASE of Julee's design and adorable theme! Love that brown ribbon with those eye catching blue flowers! So glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!

Lynda Benden said...

This is awesome Meredith! You did a great job using Julee's card as inspiration! The beautiful blue flowers are a perfect accent!

Sankari W. said...

This is just gorgeous!!! What a beautiful creation and you totally rocked the CASe study! I love where you got your inspiration from and I love that they are Mom and baby pup!!! So sweet!!!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

Liza said...

Such a cute card, I love the image and your floral embellishments. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Meredith, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and papers you've used. Definitely a card any mum would be delighted to receive. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Delphine said...

This is beautiful! I love the papers and image you have used and the embellishments are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Rachel Hope said...

AWWWW, so cute!!! Thanks for playing along at Catered Crop!!

Tanya said...

This came out so cute! I have had my pencils and OMS for awhile and am still trying to get the hang of them, lol! One day I'll take the Copic plunge, one day :)

Wendy said...

Honey, this one is wicked! I love it, that image is so cute hey!